- I Peter 2:6
Get them in the Word
- Romans 10:17 – Faith comes from hearing the Word.
- Psalms 102:25-27
- Proverbs 1:7 – We must always be learning!
- James 4:4 – There is a conflict between God and the world.
- These things come from the Bible, and it is our job to pass it on!
- Things you can do:
- Bring children to worship.
- Read the Bible to them. Help them read themselves.
Keep God front and center.
- Mark 4:18-19 – Parents have to make God the priority.
- II Timothy 4:9-10 – We don’t want our children to desert God like Demas deserted Paul.
- Great youth groups don’t necessarily create faith.
- II Timothy 3:10-11 – It was good for Timothy to spend time with Paul, a veteran in God’s work.
- Psalms 95:1-3 – Values are communicated through joy. What are we joyful about?
Demonstrate genuine faith.
- I Corinthians 4:14-17 – Be an example of faith!
- Confess your sins – James 5:16
- Enforce rules – Ephesians 6:1-3; Mark 10:21-22; Proverbs 3:12
- Making someone upset doesn’t mean you don’t love them.
- Who will teach our kids right from wrong, if not us?
- Be thankful – Colossians 3:15-16
- Kids must develop their own faith. We can help them.