- Genesis 12:7 – God promises the land to Abraham.
- Genesis 13:17; 15:18; 17:8 – God continues to repeat the promise.
- Exodus 3:8 – It was time for the land promise to be fulfilled.
- Exodus 12:25
- Numbers 13:1-2, 17-24 – Moses sends men to spy out the land.
- Numbers 13:25-29 – The spies give a discouraging report.
Courage to trust in God’s way
- Numbers 13:30 – Caleb spoke up with courage!
- Numbers 13:31-33
- Numbers 14:6-9 – Caleb and Joshua were willing to trust in God. God had said it, so that settled it!
- God’s way is always the right way!
- Hebrews 13:4 – This temptation may seem unconquerable, but we must trust in God!
- Proverbs 29:25 – Courage comes from trust in the Lord.
Courage to stand in the minority, when even brethren are weak
- Numbers 13:31
- Caleb and Joshua had to stand even against their brethren.
- Numbers 14:1-10
- Isaiah 40:8, 23-24, 28-31
- Acts 20:28-30
Courage to know God controls the future
- Numbers 14:28-30
- Romans 4:17 – See Genesis 17:5. God spoke of the future in the past tense!
- Joshua 21:43
- I Timothy 1:8-11 – Are we willing to stand by what the Lord says about homosexuality?
- The future does not belong to the giants of today. It belongs to God.
- Numbers 1:45-46