- Matthew 23:2
- Acts 2:41; 3:7, 26; 4:1-3, 16-17 – The miracle had taken place and could not be denied, but out of pride they tried to stop the spread of the truth. Acts 5:17; 2:37
- Acts 7:54 – Pride makes us look at truth and deny it.
- Maybe something about obeying God hurts our pride.
- Every great question got that way swallowing their pride!
I like things the way they are
- Acts 19:1-10, 19-20, 23-32 – The gospel threatened their way of life! The temple of Artemis was one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Romans 13:13 – These are things we must give up when we turn to Christ.
- I Timothy 5:16
I won’t get past the “almost”
- Acts 26:4-11, 18-20, 26-29 – King Agrippa was almost persuaded to be a Christian.
- Maybe we know the truth but are too laid back about applying it.
- II Peter 3:10
- There won’t be a worse feeling in the universe than not being prepared for the afterlife!