- Philippians 4:6-9
- John 14:17
- Matthew 10:34
Eirene – peace
Peace with God
- What is peace with God and how do we achieve it?
- Ephesians 2:11-22 – Peace with God is reconciliation to Him.
- Acts 10:34-43 – Spiritual peace comes only through Jesus.
- Romans 5:1 – We have peace with God because we have been justified by faith.
- Peace with God is the restored relationship we have with God and we achieve it through forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.
- Sin separates us from God. Forgiveness through Christ means we can reestablish peace with God. This allows us to have peace with self and others (hopefully).
Peace with self (clean conscience)
- I Corinthians 15:9; Ephesians 3:8 and I Timothy 1:15?
- II Timothy 4:6-8
- Acts 9:4, 9, 17-20; 26:24-26
- Jeremiah 6:13-15
- I John 1:3-6
Peace with people
- Romans 12:18
- Colossians 3:12-15
- Our peace with God is the basis for our peace with others.
- John 16:32-33