- Joshua 4:4-7
Who were the Nephilim?
- Numbers 13:33; Genesis 6:4
- Genesis 6:1-4 – Descendants of men and angels?
- Matthew 22:29 – No. Angels don’t marry!
- Who were the sons of God? Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7
- They were not necessarily referring to celestial angels. In this context, the phrase probably means, “godly men.”
- Numbers 13:32
- II Samuel 21:20-22 – There are several mentions of physically unusual people in the Bible.
- We aren’t told much about the Nephilim in particular. We do know that the Bible is reliable. It is not a book of fairytales!
Does it matter what order you partake in the bread and fruit of the vine?
- Matthew 26:22-29; Mark 14:22-24; I Corinthians 11:23-26; Luke 22:14-20
- Luke 22:17 – The “cup” could simply be the Passover Feast. Luke could also be mentioning the cup of the Lord’s Supper before it actually happened chronologically.
- General rule: Always interpret difficult passages in light of easier ones.
- Do we have to follow every detail in spiritual examples?
- No. We must follow the parts othe example that are significant to God.