- Ecclesiastes 12:7
Love the Lord
- Luke 9:57-62 – Jesus can tell the difference between reasons and excuses!
- Luke 5:27-28 – Levi got up and left when called! He did not make excuses.
- We probably wouldn’t say we don’t love God, but we would make excuses and procrastinate in serving God.
- Luke 9:23 – We must deny ourselves to serve God!
- Don’t lie to yourself and say you love God if you are not serving Him now!
Love the brethren
- Acts 16:1 – Timothy went all over with Paul.
- II Timothy 3:10-11 – Timothy had seen persecution.
- I Timothy 5:1-4; 6:17 – Timothy would be dealing with all sorts of people. He was to love and serve all of them.
- II Timothy 2:23 – Timothy’s role – love.
- We need to develop a sincere love for all the brethren.
- We should focus on what unites us – our faith in Jesus.
Love the truth
- II Corinthians 10:1, 11, 2-6 – Verse 1 might be sarcasm from Paul. He certainly was not timid in person when it came to defending God’s word!
- I Corinthians 2:1-5 – Paul came not with wisdom of men.
- Romans 1:!6
- II Thessalonians 3:10