- Luke 12:22-13:21
- Luke 12:22-34 – We must trust God. If we seek God’s kingdom, our other needs will be taken care of. This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t work, but we should not put undue concern on physical things. Spiritual things are much more important.
- Luke 12:35-40 – Be prepared! The way to be prepared is by setting your heart on spiritual things.
- Luke 12:49 – See Jeremiah 23:29; Revelation 3:18. Jesus may be referring to God’s Word as fire that burns away the chaff and purifies His people. Jesus came to bring change and save sinners, not to destroy.
- Luke 13:1-5 – Repent! Physical circumstances are no indication of where we stand with God. If we don’t repent, we will be no better off than anyone else.
- Luke 13:18-21 – The kingdom of God is the rule of God. The rule of God can be preached and produce an abundance of fruit.
- Luke 13:16 – Note that the infirmity was caused by Satan. Ultimately, all physical infirmities are caused by Satan.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.