- Acts 10:1-11:18
- Acts 10:1-8, 22-23 – Cornelius and his family became the first Gentiles to obey Christ under the New Covenant.
- Acts 10:10-11 – The ability to eat unclean animals was an enormous change. These animals had been forbidden to eat for 1500 years!
- Acts 10:27-28 – Peter puts all the visions together to realize that Gentiles are now included. The Jew/Gentile distinction is no longer in place. The vision was about food, but Peter inferred that the deeper meaning was about people. Acts 10:44-48 confirms that Peter inferred correctly.
- Acts 10:34-43 – The Gentiles are taught the gospel for the first time.
- Acts 10:3-6 – Cornelius had a miraculous vision, but this was not sufficient for salvation. He still had to hear the gospel and be baptized.
- Acts 11:18 – The Jews rose above longstanding prejudice to accept that Gentiles were now part of God’s kingdom.
- Acts 10:38 – See Luke 4:18-19 – This is not implying that Jesus did not have His own power. It is an example of deity working together. Hebrews 1:2; Genesis 1:2; John 1:1-3 show this in the creation.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.