- Acts 13:16-47
- Theme: The gospel was to be delivered to the Gentiles. This sermon lays the foundation for that. That foundation is Jesus.
- Main points:
- Recounting history of the Israelites (Acts 13:16-47)
- Jesus brought as the Savior (Acts 13:23)
- Jesus was crucified and raised from the dead (Acts 13:27-37)
- Jesus frees all from sin (Acts 13:38-42)
- Jews see the crowds Paul is gathering and stir up trouble (Acts 13:44-45)
- Paul and Barnabas turn to the Gentiles to preach the gospel to them (Acts 13:46-47)
- Verse notes:
- Acts 13:34 – “Sure blessings of David” are those that came about in Jesus.
- Acts 13:35 – This is a quote from Psalm 16:10
- Acts 13:39 – “Believes” here is used in a comprehensive way – a belief that obeys. It’s talking about those who believe Jesus not just those that believe in
- Acts 13:46 – It was necessary to preach to the Jews first because that was God’s plan for His chosen people. See Ephesians 3:7. Paul preached to everyone.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.