- Hebrews 12:5-24
- Hebrews 12:8 – If your father does not discipline you when necessary, he is treating you as though you are no son at all.
- Hebrews 12:11 – See also I Corinthians 11:32.
- Hebrews 12:14 – We are to be at peace with all men, but not to the point of disobeying God. See Acts 4:29; 5:19. Peace based upon error is much worse than strife based on truth.
- Hebrews 12:15 – See Jeremiah 48:10. We must do the work of the Lord diligently.
- Hebrews 12:16 – If we put earthly things ahead of God, we are acting even more foolishly than Esau in selling his birthright for food.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.