- I John 2:1-2 – the ideal is to not sin
- We must strive for the ideal, but accept the reality that we will sometimes sin.
- I John 2:10,8
- Luke 13:24 – We cannot lackadaisically strive for God.
- God created man in the ideal state in the Garden of Eden. Man did not live up to the ideal.
- God’s ideal for all mankind as opposed to that which is real
- I Timothy 2:2; Titus 2:11; Hebrews 2:9; John 3:16
- God wants all to be saved. Matthew 7:13-14
- Ephesians 2:10
- The reality is that only a few will be saved.
- God’s ideal for husband and wife as opposed to that which is real.
- Genesis 2:18
- The ideal is that marriages will not end in divorce.
- Husbands and wives should work toward being the best mates they can be.
- The ideal husband will love and care for his wife and be faithful to her. He must spend time with her.
- The ideal wife will love and care for her husband.
- God’s ideal for saved people as opposed to that which is real
- God wants all to serve him, study, teach others, and care for their fellow man. The reality is that all will not reach this ideal, but we must strive to reach it.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.