They had to be Christians in an un-Christian world.
- I Corinthians 1:2; 11:1
- This was not an easy or popular thing to do!
- I Corinthians 1:18-20 – The Corinthians had to combat so-called intellectuals and their theories.
They had to be moral despite rampant immorality.
- I Corinthians 6:9-11
- I Corinthians 10:14; 12:2 – They were dealing with idolatry!
- I Corinthians 5:9-10; 15:33; II Corinthians 6:14, 17 – Be careful of immoral influences!
- Even though they had difficulties, they did their best to serve God.
- I Corinthians 4:16, 21 – The same standard was required of everyone!
They had to be faithful even when their brethren were not.
- I Corinthians 3:3; 5:1-2; 11:20; 15:12
- II Corinthians 5:17
- I Corinthians 16:13 – Be strong! Stand firm!
- I Corinthians 11:19
- II Corinthians 7:4, 9
- Be godly regardless of your circumstances!