- Our faith can’t just be a sideshow or a hobby.
- Your faith should make you different!
- Being helpful and supportive
- Acting out of sympathy
- Voluntarily answering a need
- Being gentle and forbearing
- Usually not a big sacrifice
Examples of kindness
- Drawing water for a stranger – Genesis 24:18
- Ruth taking care of Naomi – Ruth 3:10
- Recovery of Saul’s body – II Samuel 2:6
- Anointing Jesus – Matthew 26:10
- Helping shipwreck victims – Acts 28:2
The power of kindness
- Kindness is an attribute of God
- Psalm 100:5
- It is the example of Christ
- Christ had all power on earth (Acts 10:38) and He used it to show kindness.
- We are called to embrace it
- Deuteronomy 22:1-2
- Proverbs 19:22; 31:26
- Isaiah 58:6-7
- Micah 6:8
- Luke 3:11
- Acts 9:36
- Galatians 5:22-23
- It has the power to effect good
What does kindness do?
- It draws people together
- It engenders good will
- It shows the better way
- It defeats malice
- It draws us closer to God
- Matthew 5:16; Romans 12:21; Luke 6:35
- Showing kindness to others is central to our faith.
- It bears all the blessings, power, and goodness of God’s spirit.
- It is how we exercise His power.