- Genesis 6:9-13
Noah was different
- Genesis 6:5; 7:1 – Noah was by himself in his righteousness, surrounded by a world of evil.
- Ezekiel 14:12-14 – Noah, Daniel, and Job stand out in the mind of God for their righteousness.
- II Peter 2:4-9
- Hebrews 11:7 – Noah’s obedience in building the ark condemned the world.
- It’s good to be different!
- II Corinthians 6:14-18
Noah built the ark before it rained
- Genesis 6:8
|Noah in Genesis||Us in II Peter|
|Genesis 6:8||God extends grace!||II Peter 3:9|
|Genesis 6:13||Judgment is coming!||II Peter 3:10|
|Genesis 6:14||Prepare!||II Peter 3:11|
|Genesis 6:22||Obedience and salvation!||II Peter 3:14|
- Prepare before it’s too late!
- I Peter 3:18-22
- Matthew 24:36-39 – The people were surprised when the floods came. Everyone outside the ark had a moment when they realized it was too late.
- At judgment, all who are not saved will realize it is too late.
After everything, Noah worshiped God
- Genesis 7:11; 8:13-14 – Noah and his family spent one year, ten days in the ark.
- Genesis 8:20 – Noah could have been bitter, but instead he worshiped God.
- Let bad things push you closer to God!