Parent and child, continued
- God identifies Himself as our Father.
Exercise tender love
- Isaiah 1:18; 59:1-2, 9, 15-16, 20 – When we were at our worst, God forgave us.
- Hebrews 10:29 – Sin is an insult to God. But even so, He offers us forgiveness.
- Should we not follow God’s example and be willing to forgive?
- We teach our children to own up to their mistakes and apologize, which is all part of the path to forgiveness.
- Acts 26:20
- I Thessalonians 2:5-12
- Parents should help and encourage their children.
- II Corinthians 7:16 – Would you say this to an unruly child?
- II Corinthians 8:7 – Paul is anticipating success!
- III John 1:1-4
- Look for ways to encourage your children!