- Hebrews 4:1-16
- Hebrews 4:1-2 – We must be careful to live faithfully so we can take advantage of this rest.
- Hebrews 4:3 – The writer compares lack of faith now to the lack of faith of the Israelites (Hebrews 3:7-14) that caused God to make them wander in the wilderness for forty years, rather than entering God’s rest.
- Hebrews 4:6-7 – There remains a rest for those who will serve God faithfully.
- Hebrews 4:8 – Joshua has a rest to give the people, but it was far inferior to the rest Jesus would offer.
- Hebrews 4:11-13 – The word of God can see through us like no one on earth can. God can see our disobedience even if it is hidden from men. “Division of soul and spirit” means dividing soul and dividing spirit – not separating them from each other.
- Hebrews 4:14-16 – The incredible (Romans 7:25; 8:26-34) nature of our high priest, Jesus, is all the more reason to hold fast to our faith.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.