- Hebrews 3:1-6 – Jesus is a better keeper of God’s house than Moses was.
- Hebrews 3:3-4 – God built the house. See John 1:1.
- Hebrews 3:5 – Moses was a faithful servant to God. See Hebrews 10:1-10. Part of his service was testifying about the things that would come later (Jesus and the New Covenant).
- Hebrews 3:6 – Moses kept God’s house as a servant, but Jesus kept God’s house as a son.
- Hebrews 3:7-11 – If we harden our hearts and do not believe, we will also not enter the promised land.
- Hebrews 3:12-13 – We must be careful not to let an unbelieving heart lead us to fall away from Christ.
- Hebrews 3:14-15 – To hear God and do what He says is to not harden your heart to God.
- Hebrews 3:18-19 – See Matthew 7:21; Acts 22:16. Paul called on the name of the Lord by doing what He said. The Israelites could not enter Canaan because of unbelief.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.