The Greek word psallo includes instruments.
- Look in Greek dictionaries.
- Look in reliable English translations.
- Romans 15:9; I Corinthians 14:15; Ephesians 5:19; James 5:13
- Ephesians 5:19 – This context is referring to what happens in your heart.
Harps are used in Heaven.
- Revelation 5:8; 14:2; 15:2; 18:21-22
- The first challenge is to prove these are even literal harps.
- Second, why stop with the harps?
- Events in Heaven aren’t instructions for Christians on earth.
- Matthew 22:30
We should use our God-given talents to worship Him.
- I Peter 4:11
- I Peter 4:15? – What about talents we have that are sinful? Can those also be used for worship?
- I Peter 4:3, 5?
- I John 5:3?
- God wants us to follow His instructions in worship.
- John 4:24
- Genesis 4:2-5; Hebrews 11:4
- Leviticus 10:1-2
Instruments were used for Old Covenant worship.
- That’s right!
- Numbers 10:10; II Chronicles 29:25-28
- But we follow the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant.
- Hebrews 8:7-8, 13
- Acts 15
- Galatians 5:1-3
No one can argue that we should use instruments because they are clearly authorized as acceptable in the New Testament.
- Colossians 3:16
- They are not clearly authorized in the New Testament.