- Class outline taken from Humility Practice by Jacob Hudgins.
- Humility is not something to check off a list. It requires continual improvement.
- How do we protect our relationship with God?
- Isaiah 66:1-2
- How is God’s dislike for arrogance described?
- Proverbs 6:16-19 – As an abomination!
- What is pride and haughty spirit preceding?
- Proverbs 6:18-19
- How can we stay justified before God?
- Luke 18:10-14
- When, where, and how are we supposed to be humble?
- Luke 14:7-11
- What is one thing required to receive God’s grace?
- I Peter 5:5 – Humility towards another.
- How is the absence of humility manifested in James 4:1-8?
- What is “sober judgment” and how does that help prevent pride?
- Romans 12:3
- What do you have?
- I Corinthians 4:6-7
- How do you see yourself? Are you a better person than most? Are you kinder, more patient, more loving, more giving?
- Isaiah 65:26
- What speck have we noticed in our brother’s eye?
- Matthew 7:3
- “I’m not like the others … I’m better.” Have we ever felt this way?
- Matthew 26:33-35
Confess a sin
- Why do we blame others?
- Aaron – Exodus 32:24
- Adam – Genesis 3:12
- Why is it important to confess our sins?
- I Kings 21:27-29
- I John 1:8-10; James 5:16
- Why don’t we confess our sins to each other?
Pray for someone
- What interferes with us praying for others?