Why should I read the Bible?
- Exodus 24:3, 7
- Joshua 1:8
- Judges 2:7-10, 20-21 – They had stopped reading and didn’t know the Lord.
- II Kings 17:13-14; 22:8-11; 23:1-3
- Ezra 7:6, 10 – Ezra had set his heart to study and teach others.
- Nehemiah 8:1-8, 13-18; 9:3 – The people stood up to hear the word of God! They understood what they were hearing and realized they should be observing the feast of booths, so they did.
- Luke 4:16
- I Timothy 4:13
How do I form a habit?
- Engineer your environment.
- Psalms 119:14-16
- Attach it to an existing habit.
- Mark 6:17-20
- Short and small is okay.
- Matthew 7:28
How do I involve the kids?
- Joshua 8:30-35 – The scriptures were read before everyone, including the children.
- You might be surprised what children pick up on!
- Read aloud.
- Audio Bibles:
- Bible storybooks as you see fit
- II Timothy 3:15
How do I get the most out of it?
- Summarize as you read.
- Keep a journal.
- Listen to a sermon or class about that book online
- Start early!