- Psalms 11:1-3
- The foundations then are the same as they are today.
- Genesis 1:28; Matthew 19:6; Genesis 4:19; 6:1-8; Matthew 19:1-9
- Husband – wife – children
- Share marriage bed in honor
- Replenish the earth
- The family as God would have it is under attack.
- Romans 13:1-7
- Has two primary functions
- Protect the good
- Punish the evil
- The government as God would have it is under attack.
- Thomas Jefferson said, “I tremble for my country when I reflect that my God is just. His justice will not sleep forever.”
- It’s purpose is reconciliation to God.
- The relationship of service.
- The relationship of blessings.
- The reconciliation is unto God, no other. Ephesians 2:14-16
- Reconciliation is by the cross of Christ, no other.
- Reconciliation is in the one body, no other.
- The church as God would have it is under attack.
If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
- Psalms 11:4-7
- Can keep on trusting
- Can keep on being righteous
- Can keep on teaching
The gospel has not lost its power.
- The church has lost its fire. Brethren, let us rekindle the fire of love for God, the gospel and souls.
- If heaven is not worth everything, it is not worth anything!