Judges 13:5 – Samson’s hair was very important.
Samson was a Nazirite (rules for Nazirites listed in Numbers 6).
Some things were by God’s design.
God can use both upright and sinful people to accomplish his will.
Don’t let a relationship mess up your thinking.
- Judges 16:4-21
- Samson finally told her his secret because he loved her.
- He was blinded by emotion long before he was physically blinded.
- True love doesn’t mean your decisions are automatically wise.
- Acts 18:26 – Priscilla and Aquila are a good example of a healthy relationship.
Trust in God, not yourself.
- Judges 3:4; 6:34; 11:29 – “the spirit of the Lord”
- Judges 13:24-25; 14:5-6, 19; 15:14-15; 16:20 – This was God’s strength that Samson was using!
- Judges 13:3-7
- The long hair wasn’t the source of his strength – it was a condition of using God’s strength.
- Judges 16:22, 28-30
- I Peter 3:21 – Does baptism itself save us? No. It’s a condition God set to receive his salvation.
- I Peter 1:18
- I John 1:7 – If we walk in the light, God will save us.
- Colossians 1:13-14