- Isaiah 59:2 – Sin separates us from God.
- Deuteronomy 6:24; I Timothy 4:8 – Not sinning is a benefit now and in eternity.
Sin invites trouble to my life!
- II Samuel 11:2-15; 12:14 – David’s sin with Bathsheba.
- David caused the death of Uriah and of his infant child.
- Hebrews 12:15-17 – Esau could never recover what he lost when he gave away his birthright.
- Luke 13:4-5
Sin gives me a guilty conscience.
- Genesis 42:21-22; 50:15
- Matthew 27:3-5 – Judas hanged himself in guilt!
- Hebrews 9:14
- I Corinthians 15:9; Ephesians 3:8 – Paul carried his guilt of persecuting Christians the rest of his life.
- I Timothy 1:15; Acts 24:16 – Paul tried to put his sin behind him the rest of his life.
Sin might ruin my conscience.
- I Timothy 4:2
- Titus 1:15 – It’s possible to defile your conscience.
- Ephesians 4:17-19
Sin gets me into bad habits.
- Acts 8:9-10, 18-19
- Hebrews 10:25 – Missing worship can become a habit.
My sin affects others.
- Galatians 2:11-13 – Barnabas was caught up in Peter’s hypocrisy.
- Luke 17:1-2
- Our lives are like ripples in a pond – we affect others.
- Even if no one else is aware of your sin, you are a different person because of your sin. You are not as spiritually-minded as you could be otherwise.