- Using your Bible: Psalms 51:5, continued:
- Matthew 19:13
- Romans 5:18-19; 6:4
- II Corinthians 5:10
- Figures of speech
- Acts 2:8 – What does it mean to be born into a language? Any comparison to the manner of speaking in Psalms 51:5.
- II Samuel 11 – Possible background to Psalm 51.
- Using your Bible: Mark 10:25
- Read the text!
- Read the context: Jesus’ discussion with the rich young ruler. Mark 10:17-31
- Compare translations: Most are very consistent for this verse.
- Rich - 4454 πλούσιος (plousios) – in abundance
- Kingdom of God - 993 βασιλεία (basileia) – an area ruled by a king
- Figure of speech – possibly hyperbole
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.