- Ephesians 1:1-14
- Written from Rome about 62 A.D. to the saints at Ephesus.
- Main points:
- Importance of the church to both Jews and Gentiles
- Unity of the church
- How the saved are to live
- Ephesians 1:1 – Paul did not decide to be an apostle – that was by the will of God (Acts 9:15).
- Ephesians 1:3 – “in heavenly places” – See Ephesians 6:12. In Ephesians, “heavenly” means the highest place of the category being described. It does not necessarily refer to spiritual realms.
- Ephesians 1:4 – God chose a specific category of individuals to be saved – those who would obey Him.
- Ephesians 1:9 – See Ephesians 3:5-6. The mystery was the plan of salvation.
- Ephesians 1:14 – God has given us a guarantee of our inheritance. Fellowship with other saints on earth is but a small taste of the fellowship with God to come.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.