- I Peter 4:6-17
- I Peter 4:6 – Because all will be judged by the gospel (both alive and dead), the gospel was preached to everyone. Catholics have a different view on this verse, believing that Jesus was crucified and went to Hell, where He preached to people there. This view is not supported by scripture and is refuted by verses such as II Corinthians 5:10.
- I Peter 4:8 – Compare Proverbs 10:12.
- I Peter 4:9 – Hospitality should be done out of love. If you are hospitable and grumble about it, it does you no good.
- I Peter 4:10 – A steward handles the goods of another. All Christians are stewards of the grace of God. It’s hard to imagine a greater unmerited favor than working for God to save men’s souls.
- I Peter 4:12 – Don’t be surprised if you have to suffer for your faith but rejoice in it.
- I Peter 4:17 – This judgment is not the end of the world. Many judgments are described in the Bible:
- Matthew 24 – Judgment on Israel
- James 5 – Judgment on the rich man
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.