- II Corinthians 6:1-18
- II Corinthians 6:2 – The Holy Spirit here applies this prophecy from Isaiah to the gospel. Now is the time for salvation, not some future time as some groups such as Premillenialists may argue.
- II Corinthians 6:3 – If Paul had not lived what he preached, it would have reflected poorly on what he preached. The same is true for us.
- II Corinthians 6:11-13 – The Corinthians were restrained by their own desires. Paul asks them to open their hearts to him and his teaching as he had opened his heart to them. Many in the religious world today are in the same position of being restrained by their own desires.
- II Corinthians 6:14-15 – See I Corinthians 5. This is not saying you can’t have dealings with unbelievers. That would make it impossible to live in the world. This is specifically talking about being tied to unbelievers in spiritual matters.
- II Corinthians 6:16 – Christians are the temple of God.
- II Corinthians 6:17 – Some try to apply this to marriage to advise against marrying an unbeliever, but marriage is not in the context.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.