- Proverbs 1:1-4 – the purpose of proverbs
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – See Jeremiah 10:23; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:3. Compare Proverbs 14:12.
- Proverbs 4:23
- Proverbs 5:15-21 – A man should be satisfied with his own wife and control his lust.
- Proverbs 6:32 – An adulterer destroys himself.
- Proverbs 9:10 – Wisdom begins with fear of God. See Hebrews 5:14.
- Proverbs 11:22 – The beauty of the woman is compared to the gold ring. The woman herself is compared to a swine because of her lack of discretion.
- Proverbs 12:4 – A good wife is like a crown for her husband. She can give him great peace in this world.
- Proverbs 14:12 – This is the other side of Proverbs 3:5-6.
- Proverbs 16:18 – Pride brings destruction!
- Proverbs 18:10 – There is nothing as strong as the Lord. Those who run to God will be saved.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.