- Matthew 21:28-32
- The time to repent and obey is now.
- II Corinthians 6:2
- People heard, believed, and immediately obeyed the gospel. Many today want to repent later. There is not time to procrastinate!
- In the parable, the critical issue is obedience.
- Many of us profess to obey God much more than we actually obey God.
- Genesis 6:22- The same example of obedience vs. disobedience was played out with Cain and Able and the people of Noah’s day.
- Matthew 7:21- It’s not about who says, but who does the will of God.
- In the parable, the cause of obedience is repentance.
- II Corinthians 7:10
- The critical question:
- Where am I in this parable?
- Do I say, “I go, sir” but go not?
- Do I repent of disobedience and get to work?
- Do I need to make God my Father?
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.