- Romans 12:2-3 - Do not be conformed to this world. Do not think more of yourself than you should.
- Philippians 2:1-11
- I must regard others as more important than myself (Philippians 2:3-4
- We have to be careful of the rampant self-promotion that exists in our culture.
- Job 38:1-7 - We must remember how small we really are.
- Proverbs 27:56 - Sometimes we need to hear criticism.
- Self esteem is not the problem - self-control is.
- Luke 17:3 - We need to be told what we are lacking.
- I must work hard as a servant (Philippians 2:5-8
- II Thessalonians 3:7-10 - We can not go along thinking we are just entitled to things.
- Philippians 2:12-15
- I must let God exalt me instead of exalting myself.
- Luke 14:7-11 - Don’t exalt yourself.
- Luke 18:9-14 - The tax collector showed humility in prayer.
- I Corinthians 4:5 - We should wait and let God exalt us.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.