- I Timothy 4:8 - Godliness is profitable now and in the future.
- A mess
- II Samuel 11:2-15 - the mess created by David’s sin with Bathsheba
- Hebrews 12:15-17 - Esau lost his blessing and birthright.
- A guilty conscience
- Genesis 42:21-22 - the guilt of Joseph’s brothers after selling him into slavery
- Matthew 27:3-5 - the guilt of Judas after betraying Jesus
- Acts 24:16 - Paul tried to avoid guilt the rest of his life.
- A ruined conscience
- I timothy 4:2 - We are born with pure hearts, but it is possible to ruin our consciences with sin.
- Ephesians 4:17-19 - Sin hardens our heart.
- Bad habits
- Acts 8:9-24 - Even after being converted, Simon is tempted by the power of the apostles’ spiritual gifts.
- Hebrews 10:25 - Skipping the assembly can become a habit.
- Effect on others
- Galatians 2:11-13 - Peter carried others away in his hypocrisy.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.