- What was the “fault” in the Mosaical law?
- Romans 7:10-12
- Hebrews 10:4 - The old law was not intended for eternal salvation.
- Exodus 19:5-6
- Hebrews 8:8 - “finding fault with them” refers to the Israelites, who failed in keeping the law.
- Hebrews 4:2
- Hebrews 8:8-9 - The promise of something to come was referring to the New Covenant.
- Hebrews 8:9 - God does not “regard” those who do not obey Him.
- Hebrews 8:10
- The new covenant would take effect after the old covenant was put away.
- Exodus 34:1 - The old law was written on stone tablets. The new law is written on the hearts of men.
- The Jews were God’s chosen people, but they rejected Him by not doing His will. (They were chosen in the sense that Christ would come through them.)
- Deuteronomy 11:18-20
- Hebrews 8:11 - In the old covenant, people entered into the covenant at circumcision. In the new covenant, knowledge is required before one can enter the covenant.
- Hebrews 8:12 - Under the old covenant, the sins of the people were brougth to rememberance once a year and forgiven for a year at the scapegoat ceremony. Christ’s blood is the only thing that can truly forgive sins.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.