- Matthew 12:33-34
- Matthew 15:10, 16
- Proverbs 4:23
- John 4:10 – Jesus with the woman at the well.
- John 7:37 – Jesus on the last day of the feast.
- Colossians 3:12
- There will always be convergence between what’s in your heart and your life.
- When you fill yourself with God’s word, you develop an overflow that then goes out to bless others.
We serve others out of our overflow
- Jesus is our example – fill yourself with the deeds and words of His.
- Galatians 5:22-23 – Fruit of the Spirit.
We speak out of our own overflow
We teach out of our own overflow
- I Timothy 4:13-16
- When you’re truly excited and passionate about something, you can’t help but tell others.
We obey out of our own overflow
- You will do what you love.
Four questions for practical application
- What are we filling our minds with?
- What are we dwelling on?
- Philippians 4:8
- What are we talking about?
- What are we acting on?
- There’s a challenge here for us!