- Mark 2:14-17
- Jesus died for you! He came for those in a spiritual slump.
- I John 1:10
- I John 2:1
Believe that you CAN overcome, escape, and endure.
- James 4:7-8
- I Corinthians 10:13
- There is always something we can do to get through.
- Your spiritual muscles may have atrophied and you don’t trust them yet. It will take time to get them back.
Remember the ugliness of sin.
- Luke 22:60-62
- Acts 5:27
- Romans 6:16-18
- You’re not the person you would be if that sin were not in your life.
Change your environment.
- Proverbs 13:20
- If you are hanging around places where people are sinning, you will eventually sin.
- Proverbs 5:8; 7:7, 25
- I Peter 4:1-5
Surround yourself with Christians.
- Ezra 7:27-8:20 – Ezra assembled good people to go with him.
- Don’t go alone!
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12