- I Corinthians 16:1-4
Periodic – “On the first day of every week”
- Acts 2:44; 4:34
Personal – “each of you is to put aside and save”
- Just like all parts of worship, we must be personally involved.
- I Corinthians 11:28
- Do husbands and wives have to give separately? No.
- Does this mean just save at home? No. Paul wanted it already collected when he came.
Proportional – “as he may prosper”
- II Corinthians 8:12
- Numbers 18:24 – tithing under the Old Covenant
- Mark 12:41-44 – The widow gave all she had!
- God is looking at our heart and attitude.
Purposeful – “as he has purposed in his heart”
- II Corinthians 9:6-9
- If our attitude is right, the amount will take care of itself.
- If we do well in God’s eyes, He will bless us spiritually.
- II Corinthians 8:1