- Galatians 5:22
- Philippians 2:29
- James 1:2-4
- We can develop joy. We can work on this!
There will always be negatives in your life, so focus on the positive.
- Genesis 3:14-19
- We don’t live in the Garden of Eden. There will be problems in our lives.
- Hebrews 11:16
- There will be negatives until we get to Heaven.
- Philippians 4:4
- Joy is not the absence of negatives.
- Philippians 3:1
- Exodus 16:2-3
- Exodus 20:2
- Ezra 3:10-13 – Two different reactions to the same event!
- Haggai 2:8-9
- Ezra 6:15-16
- If you tend to lack joy, make a change!
It’s not wrong to be ambitious, but remember to be thankful.
- Philippians 4:10-11 – Paul learned to be content.
- I Thessalonians 5:14-18
- The devil can trap us into thinking joy is always coming tomorrow. Be thankful today!
- Try gratitude journaling!
We’ll enjoy some temporary pleasures, but spiritual blessings are the endless spring of joy.
- I Peter 3:9
- Ecclesiastes 1:14; 2:1, 10-11, 18
- Isaiah 29:13
- You can grow joy in your life!