1 Corinthians 1, continued:
1 Corinthians 1:10-17 – Do not be divided.
- The unstated principle here is that we should be united on God’s truth.
- This passage is the closest the Bible comes to addressing denominationalism. There is no support for any such idea in the Bible.
- I Corinthians 10:17 – This passage is sometimes used to argue that baptism is not necessary for salvation.
I Corinthians 1:18-31 – Wisdom vs. foolishness.
- I Corinthians 1:23 – Compare Galatians 3:13.
- We must be careful that we do not miss God’s message because we are looking for the wrong things.
- I Corinthians 1:27-29 – God purposely thwarts the prideful by using what is foolish in the world to shame the wise.