- I Peter 1:3-5
I must first believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
- Acts 2:3, 24, 31
- Peter reached a spiritual low point after denying Christ.
- Luke 24:11-12, 17-27, 45-49 – The life work of the apostles would be to tell people about the risen Jesus.
- Acts 1:1-8
- Acts 2:36 – What changed for Peter? The resurrection!
- I Corinthians 15:12-17 – If Jesus didn’t rise from the dead, how could we believe anything He said? But He did rise!
I must get to work!
- Acts 2:38; 3:15, 19-20
- Acts 17:18, 30-31 – This is the proof that we need to repent!
- Romans 1:4-5
I must die to sin and walk in newness of life!
- Romans 6:1-4
|Jesus (spiritual)||Me (physical)|
|Death||Dead to sin|
|Burial||Buried in baptism|
|Resurrection||Walk in newness of life|
- Our goal should be to never sin again!
- Philippians 3:6-11 – However hard it is to put away the old life, it’s worth it!
- Colossians 2:12; 3:1-14
- I Peter 2:24