- Matthew 4:18; 10:2; Mark 1:16; Luke 6:14; John 1:40; 6:8
- Andrew was always described as Peter’s brother.
- John 12:20
- Mark 13:3-4
- Just because Andrew’s work was not mentioned much in the Bible does not mean his work wasn’t important.
- Mark 3:13
- Mark 14:6 – This small act was remembered!
- Mark 9:41
He spotted the truth and told others about it
- John 1:35-42
- John 1:15, 19-23, 29
- Am I open to truth like this? If we are waiting for the majority, we won’t be like Andrew!
- Andrew brought Peter to Jesus and Peter is still teaching many through his recorded words. Not bad work for the ordinary man Andrew!
He changed his life for Jesus
- Mark 1:14-22
- He dropped everything to follow Jesus!
- Acts 23:24-25 – Don’t be like Felix!
- We all have our own lives. So did Andrew. But he dropped everything to follow Jesus.
He was still a disciple after seeing what was involved
- Acts 1:13-14
- Matthew 10:16-23 – Their job was not a rosy picture!
- Matthew 13:20-21
- Being a Christian means persecution and enduring temptation.