- Genesis 37:2-4
I can resist the lust of the flesh.
- Genesis 39:1-12 – Joseph was a young man, 17-28 years old, at this time. This was a tremendous temptation, but Joseph prevailed.
- Joseph’s reason for resisting was that he didn’t want to sin against God.
- I Timothy 4:12 – This is what God expected of young Timothy.
- I Timothy 5:2
- God doesn’t give us a pass because we’re young!
- II Peter 2:5-10
- Proverbs 1:10
I can strengthen my faith over the years of my life.
- Genesis 37:28
- Genesis 39:2, 20
- Genesis 41:15 – Joseph glorified God.
- Genesis 41:51-52
- Genesis 50:19-21
- Joseph maintained and strengthened his faith over his long life, despite all the difficulties he faced.
- Genesis 45:4-8
I can face death with peace.
- Genesis 50:22-26
- I Corinthians 15:35-49
- Joseph was a great example of how to live and how to die – trusting in the Lord.