- Matthew 23
Go back and build the foundation: my heart.
- Acts 8:21-22 – The root problem was Simon’s heart.
- Luke 6:43-45 – Actions come from what is in the heart. You can’t skip the heart and go straight to the actions.
- Matthew 22:37 – The greatest command: love.
- I John 4:19
- It may be helpful to sit and think (meditate) about love.
Be humble enough to remember that I’m a work in progress.
- Romans 12:3
- I need to have an accurate view of myself and be humble enough to see where I need work.
- Stop faking and start learning!
- Luke 18:13-14 – The humble will be exalted.
- I John 1:8-9 – If we say we have no sin, we lie!
Build a faith that is my own.
- Matthew 22:36-38 – Our priority must be loving God.
- I Corinthians 1:12-15 – Paul was correcting misplaced allegiance.
- Our actions must be motivated by a heart that wants to serve God.
- John 7:46-52
- Romans 10:17