Genesis 4 – Cain and Abel, continued:
- Cain is afraid of being killed
- By whom?
- What mark?
- This may or may not have been a physical mark. Compare New Testament passages in which we are to mark those who are out of step as brothers.
- Eve had another son after Abel died – Seth.
Genesis 6 – Corruption of man and the ark
- Sons of God, daughters of man
- Where is the sin?
- Beauty over content
- Abandoned God to pursue fleshly desires
- My spirit shall not remain with man forever (Genesis 6:3)
- His days shall be 120 years
- Lifetime or life left?
- Who were the Nephilim?
- Context of Genesis 6:4 indicates that different kinds of people were having children and producing other kinds of people.
- Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord
- In a nearly completely wicked world
- Perfect (complete)
- How? By walking with God.
- Complete dependence
- God gives instructions for Noah to build the ark
- Perfect dimensions for stability