- I Corinthians 14:22-26
This starts with our attitude.
- I Timothy 2:3-4; II Peter 3:9 – Do I have the same attitude as God that I want everyone to be saved?
- Acts 26:24-29 – Paul doesn’t get offended at the insult and maintains a good attitude.
- John 1:35-37; 3:26-30 – John was a good example. Christians are not in competition with each other. We’re all just trying to lead people to Jesus.
- “This person has an eternal soul.” (John 5:28-29)
- “I should take the initiative in loving my neighbor.” (Romans 5:8)
- “I want to be an expert at love – just like my Father.” (I John 4:7-12)
What this looks like.
- Be happy when people come!
- Acts 11:13-14; 10:24; Luke 5:27-29 – Cornelius and Levi both invited others to meet Christ. We should have the same attitude!
- Be kind!
- II Timothy 2:24-26
- Absorb inconveniences.
- I Corinthians 9:19-22 – Paul’s attitude was that he would bend over backwards to help people learn the gospel.
- Look at people the way God does.
- Acts 9:11-16
Welcoming has its limits.
- Colossians 3:9-10
- Galatians 1:6-8; 4:16 – Paul would not change the gospel. His approach would change for different audiences, but not the underlying message.
- Matthew 7:28-29
- Titus 2:14-15 – This is always what our preaching should be.
- I Corinthians 14:25 – Will our services honor God and edify us?