Local churches are authorized to provide for the preaching of the gospel, continued
Observation: The gospel was taught.
- II Corinthians 11:7
- I Corinthians 15:1-5
- Matthew 4:23
- II Thessalonians 1:8
- I Peter 4:17
- Matthew 28:18 – Compare Mark 16:15-16.
- It’s possible to think of the gospel as less than it is or more than it is. Many today see the church as a kind of community improvement project.
- Romans 1:13
- We have the joy of spreading God’s message to others.
Observation: Encouragement of preachers was important (not just money).
- Acts 13:1, 2; 14:26-28
Local churches are authorized to provide for worship and edification
The local church is a group designed for mutual encouragement as we serve God together.
- The benefit of a group.
- I Corinthians 14:3-6, 12, 17, 26, 31
- Atheist mega-churches?
- Lord’s Supper
- Acts 20:7, 16, 6 – Paul made extra effort to be with them.
- I Corinthians 14:26
- I Timothy 4:6, 16; II Timothy 4:1-5
- I Corinthians 16:1-2; II Corinthians 8:1-7; 9:1-2