[Sorry, due to technical issues, the audio is not available for this lesson. -MRW]
- II Timothy 3:14-17
- John 14:16, 26
- John 15:26; 16:13
- I Corinthians 2:10-13
- I Peter 1:10-12 – The prophets themselves were wondering about the full picture behind their message.
- The prophets’ job was to carry God’s message, even if they did not fully understand it.
- II Peter 1:20-21 – Men wrote the words provided by the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 2:39 (Ephesians 2:13) – The “far off” people were Gentiles. Peter did not understand this when he said it in Acts 2!
- John 11:49-52 – Caiaphas was an unwitting prophet of Jesus.
- Matthew 10:17-22
- I Corinthians 1:4
- The Holy Spirit made it personal by sending His message through anyone.
- Psalm 6
- Ecclesiastes 1:1-4; 12:12-14 – Solomon’s story resonates with us.
- By using stories, God made His message much more powerful for us.
- II Samuel 12:1-7 – The Holy Spirit telling a story through Nathan the prophet broke through to David’s conscience.
- I Corinthians 10:6-11 – These stories were written for us!
- Hebrews 4:12 – God’s word goes straight to our innermost being.
- Acts 2:37 – God’s word pierced their hearts.
- John 12:42-43
- God knows everything. We’re not hiding anything from Him!
- Luke 22:33
- I Samuel 13:12