Life of Moses
- Moses spent 40 years in Egypt, 40 years in Midian, and 40 years in the wilderness
- Deuteronomy 34:5-8 – Buried by God, no one knows where. Moses died at 120, but was still in good health.
What are some things that stick out about Moses?
- Committed – Exodus 2:11; Hebrews 11:27
- Humble – Exodus 18:13-26; Numbers 12:3
- Spoke face to face with God – Exodus 33:11; Deuteronomy 34:10-12
“The Lord/God spoke to/unto Moses”
- This exact wording is recorded 106 times from Exodus to Deuteronomy.
- The same phrasing applied to other people occurs only 26 times in the Bible.
Why did God choose Moses?
- Committed murder
- Did not consider himself a leader
- Not an eloquent speaker
- Lost his temper
- Got provoked with the people and disobeyed God
Matthew 9:12-13 – “I desire mercy and not sacrifice”
- Exodus 32:32 – The golden calf
- Numbers 11:2 – Complaining people
- Numbers 12:13 – Miriam and Aaron
- Numbers 14:19 – Refusal to enter Canaan
- Numbers 16:22 – Korah’s rebellion
|Deuteronomy 18:15, 19||Quoted by Peter in Acts 3:22-23 and Stephen in Acts 7:37|
- A psalm written by Moses.