- “Seven Problems in Christianity that Killed My Faith” by Joe Omundson
- John 3:1-8 – Nicodemus was willing to listen!
- There’s a chance that I might be confused.
Expecting miraculous guidance/experience
- “Guidance of the Holy Spirit”
- If the Holy Spirit guides us directly, why is there so much disagreement between churches?
- John 16:13; 13:1 – Jesus was speaking to the twelve apostles here, not to everyone!
- II Peter 3:13-16 – It’s possible to distort scripture!
- “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
- James 4:8
- Revelation 2:13; I John 4:15; John 15:5 – Examples of metaphorical language.
- “Bondage to sin”
- People are powerless to do anything but sin, according to Calvinism.
- “All real Christians remain lifelong Christians.”
- Ezekiel 18:20, 26 – Men can change their ways.
- James 5:19-20 – It’s possible for Christians to leave the faith.
- Because Calvinism is false, it constantly conflicts with reality.
Issues with God’s justice
- “The corruption of humanity”
- “God’s answers to prayer”
- I John 5:14
- We cannot try to use prayer as a proof for our faith.
False doctrines kill faith
- Matthew 23:15
- II Timothy 1:13
- So, let’s cling to God’s truth!