Crestotes – Kindness, Agathosune – Goodness
- “A mellowing of character; gracious”
- Acts 24:4; 27:3; 28:2 – Examples of kindness
- Luke 6:31-35 – Kindness is about not expecting anything in return. Treat others how you want to be treated! God did not wait for us to be worthy of this love. Neither should we wait for others to “deserve” our kindness.
- Ephesians 5:5-12 – Kindness may require us to rebuke another for their sin. It should be done out of love and to help save their soul.
- Romans 11:22; 15:14
- Acts 9:36-39 – Tabitha was full of good works (kindness). She continually did these things – it wasn’t a one-time thing!
- Ephesians 2:4-7 – God showed us great kindness in providing salvation while we were still in our sin.
- Titus 3:4-7
- I Peter 2:1-3 – “tasting the kindness of the Lord”
- Even though God offers kindness to all, not everyone will receive it. That does not change God, though. He still offers kindness. We may find ourselves in a similar situation in being kind to others who refuse to accept it. Like God shows us, we should still be kind, regardless of the behavior of others.