- Psalm 139:13-14
Demonstrate the love of Jesus
- Matthew 22:39 – Love your neighbor!
- Mark 8:2-3 – Jesus had compassion for the people.
- Mark 6:34
- John 8:31-36 – Jesus came to set us free from sin.
Stand on God’s word
- Luke 1:39-44 – The baby leaped in her womb for joy!
- Luke 2:12, 16 – The word for “baby” here is the same as for the unborn baby in Luke 1:39-44.
- Luke 1:57, 36 – The same word for “son” is used before and after birth. The same language goes all the way back to conception.
- Exodus 21:22-25 – The Old Covenant law for injury to a pregnant woman on her unborn child. This is Old Covenant law, but the truth and God’s thinking behind it still stands.
- Genesis 25:26; 38:27-30
- Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:13-14
- Genesis 9:6 – Murder is sin, but capital punishment is permitted.
- Abortion is murder of an innocent life and therefore sin.
“You shouldn’t tell others what they ought to not do.”
- Why not?
- Matthew 28:18-20 – It was not wrong for the apostles to go out teaching God’s message.
- Acts 8:3-4
- II Timothy 4:1-5; 2:2
- This is logically inconsistent! You can’t tell people they shouldn’t tell others what not to do, because you are doing that same thing yourself!
“My body, my choice.”
- Our bodies belong to God! We can make choices, but ultimately we are accountable to God.
- Romans 6:11-13
- Romans 12:1-2 – We are to be living sacrifices to God.