- Hebrews 13:7-9 – Jesus is eternal and unchanging, so remember the words of your leaders. If they were true to Jesus’ teaching then, they are still true now. Don’t allow strange new teachings to carry you away from Jesus because His teaching has not changed.
- Hebrews 13:10 – We worship at the altar of the New Covenant. This verse alone refutes the AD 70 doctrine. Serving under Old Covenant law is clearly no longer acceptable.
- Hebrews 13:11-13 – Jesus offered His blood outside the camp – outside the Old Covenant. We must also go outside the camp of Judaism and serve Him according to the New Covenant.
- Hebrews 13:14-16 – We are looking forward to the city that is to come – Heaven. We are to continually offer praise to God, although this isn’t particularly speaking about singing. We are to do good for others and share what we have, which is also pleasing to God.
- Hebrews 13:17 – The elders serve the congregation – not the other way around. We should respect our leaders and obey their rule because they are watching out for our souls. If we don’t follow their rule, it will not be profitable for us.
- Hebrews 13:18-21 – The writer offers a final reminder that God through Jesus has equipped them for all good things.
- Hebrews 13:22-25 – Final greetings from the writer.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.